Salesforce Marketing Cloud
This guide will walk you through how to authenticate or reauthenticate Salesforce Marketing Cloud in FeedOtter.
To connect FeedOtter to Salesforce Marketing Cloud, you need:
- A Pro, Corporate, or Enterprise edition Salesforce Marketing Cloud account
- A Salesforce Marketing Cloud user with the role of Administrator or Marketing Cloud Administrator
- You'll only need to log in as this user the first time you authenticate.
- A client ID, client secret, and subdomain
- 1.Log in to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account with a Marketing Cloud Administrator or Administrator account.
- 2.Enter your username and password and click Log in.
- 3.Click your user account icon in the top-right corner.
- 4.Click Setup.
- 5.Navigate to Apps in the right-side menu. Select Installed packages.
- 6.Click New on the top right-hand corner.
- 7.Give a name to the package. We suggest “FeedOtter RSS To Email”. The description field can be left empty.
- 8.Click Save to confirm.
- 1.Go to Installed packages and find the newly created FeedOtter package. Click it to open the configuration view.
- 2.Click Add component.
- 3.Select API Integration as the component type. Click Next.
- 4.Select Server-to-Server as the integration type. Click Next.
- 5.Add permission to the following properties:
- Email - READ, WRITE, SEND; Allows FeedOtter to create new emails.
- Assets - READ, WRITE; Allows FeedOtter to create new email content.
- Journeys - READ, WRITE; Allows FeedOtter to create a new Single Send Journeys.
- Campaigns - READ, WRITE; Allow FeedOtter to create new campaigns.
- Data Extensions - READ; Allow FeedOtter to show a dropdown for selecting email audience.
- Click Save to confirm.
When you view the installed package in Salesforce you will see the client ID, secret, and authentication base URL under the API Integration heading.
Please record these 3 items as they will be entered into the FeedOtter interface to establish the api connection in the following step.
- 1.In FeedOtter, navigate to Settings > Integrations.
- 2.Create a new Connection > Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- 3.Enter the items gathered in Step 3 into the requisite FeedOtter inputs. The completed form should look like this:
- 4.Click Save.
At this point an integration with FeedOtter has been created. To test that FeedOtter can access Marketing Cloud please click the TEST button next to your newly created connection.
We have found most customers already have these items in place but a couple items you will want to have handy are:
Users of FeedOtter are prompted to enter/select these items when finalizing an automated campaign in the FeedOtter interface.
Last modified 5mo ago