Connect FeedOtter and Salesforce Pardot to automate newsletter emails.
To connect FeedOtter and Salesforce Pardot there are several steps that need to take place in Salesforce and in Pardot. This guide assumes you are using the Lightning version of Pardot.
Here is an overview of the steps:
- Create a new Salesforce user with an Identify License.
- Create a Pardot user with the same email as your Identify License Salesforce user.
- Ensure the Salesforce and Pardot user are linked.
Ensure that the new Salesforce user has a User License = Identity and Profile = Identity User. We recommend setting the Role to something marketing related but this should not impact api connectivity.
Verify the account of this new user and setup a password as necessary.
- 1.On the primary Lightning toolbar locate and navigate: Pardot Setup > User Management > Users > Add User
- 2.Create a new Pardot user using the same email used for the Salesforce user created above. Making sure the CRM Username field is mapped to the Salesforce Identify User you created above.
- 3.The Role should be Administrator or Marketing
- 4.In the new Pardot user look for a blue link labeled Enable SSO / Single Sign On click this.
At this point you are ready to connect your FeedOtter account to Salesforce Pardot. Please logout of all Salesforce / Pardot instances in your browser and have the user and password of the Salesforce Identity User ready for use.
Navigate to your FeedOtter account and go to Settings > Integrations
Create a new integration and fill in the required fields:
- Version 4 api unless you know differently
- Pardot Business Id; found in Salesforce Setup > Search for Pardot > Pardot Account Setup
- Production environment (currently FeedOtter requires a Production Pardot instance for integration)
- Use Handlebars = checked unless you know differently
- Click Authorize
A series of prompts will appear asking you to login to Salesforce. Please login using the Identity User credentials created earlier in this guide. Click Yes on the various prompts to authorize the FeedOtter Connected App.
When complete you should be returned to the FeedOtter settings screen.
The integration is complete at this point.
Some Salesforce accounts may have an IP address whitelist for connected apps and/or users. If you receive an error when trying to send emails from FeedOtter after completed the above steps please contact your Salesforce admin and ask them to whitelist our IP address:
In order to automate newsletter images FeedOtter *may* crawl certain public article and webpages to find the perfect image for your article. For most users this just works. If images do not appear you may need to whitelist our crawler.
Here is our user-agent:
Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; FeedOtter/2.1; +http://www.feedotter.com/privacy) Chrome/W.X.Y.Z Safari/537.36
If you are a Salesforce admin you may wish to troubleshoot/inspect the FeedOtter connected app from time to time (not necessary). To view our connected app:
- 1.In Salesforce navigate to Setup > Connected Apps > Manage Connected Apps
- 2.Our app will be labeled FeedOtter Prod Env
- 3.The working entry should look similar to the screenshot below
Last modified 17d ago